Something that can drastically alter the overall feel of your home is the flooring you choose. There are several different options out there and all of them have their advantages and disadvantages. In fact, it can be hard to make the right choice for your home when you don’t know exactly what you want. Texas Home Solutions / Bath Vision is here to talk about the different flooring options for your home and what the pros and cons of each may be so that you can make the best choice for your lifestyle needs.
Hardwood flooring is fast becoming the most sought after flooring in a home. This is because it is not only beautiful, but fairly durable as well.
– Pros: Hardwood is one of the only flooring choices that will actually increase the value of your home. It is easy to clean and is a great choice for those that have allergy problems. People also love them because they are fairly easy to install on their own.
– Cons: You have to be aware of dangers to hardwood flooring like moisture and rough wear. They can get scratches and in environments where there is a high amount of humidity, they can buckle and warp.
Engineered Hardwood Flooring
Like hardwood, engineered hardwood can be a beautiful choice for your home. It is made a little differently than hardwood flooring with a thin veneer of natural wood on top of layers upon layers of less expensive plywood underneath.
– Pros: This is a less expensive choice than hardwood flooring. It is also a little more durable and can withstand moisture better than hardwood flooring while still delivering that beautiful look.
– Cons: Even though this is more durable than solid hardwood, it can still scratch and dent easier than some other flooring choices.
Ceramic Tile Floors
Ceramic tile flooring has been around for decades. This is one of the most durable flooring choices you can pick.
– Pros: Ceramic tile comes in a variety of colors, shapes and sizes that will fit in with virtually any type of design or style. It can mimic the look of natural stone and is much more cost efficient. This is extremely water resistant which makes it a good choice for kitchens, laundry rooms and bathrooms.
– Cons: This is a cold and hard surface underfoot. Many people don’t like the lack of comfort that comes with tile.
Carpet is still one of the top choices in flooring for homeowners.
– Pros: Carpet also comes in a variety of styles and colors. This is a comfortable choice that leaves a soft surface under your feet. Many people will choose this especially in their bedrooms.
– Cons: This is more difficult to clean that other harder flooring choices. Carpet can also harbor allergens and isn’t the best choice for allergy sufferers.
Interior Remodeling & More in Axtell, West, Lorena, Woodway, Bellmead, Hewitt, Crawford, Robinson, Waco & McLennan County, Texas
If you are getting ready to remodel your home, flooring is a big choice to make. You can count on Texas Home Solutions / Bath Vision to help you every step of the way during your home remodel. Call us today!